17:00 - 19:00
MODULE 1: The Charges under Cyprus Law
- What is a Charge?
- How to register a Charge? (The perfection of a Charge)
- The Cyprus Companies Law, Cap 113, section 90
- How to file a Charge with the Registrar of Companies? section 91
- The form HE24E: submission, deadlines and fees
- How to amend a charge?
- When is a Charge terminated?
- Debentures containing fixed and floating charges
- The priority of a charge over other charges
- What are the exemptions for registration?
- Practical exercises
MODULE 2: The Pledges under Cyprus Law
- What is a Pledge?
- The Cyprus Contract Law, Cap 149, the Cyprus Companies' Law, section 90
- The perfection of a Pledge- Section 138 (1) of the Cyprus Contract Law, Cap 149
- How to draft a Share Pledge Agreement and the pledge deliverables?
- How to enforce a Pledge?
- How to prepare the notice of pledge?
- How to prepare and enter the memorandum of Pledge in the register of members?
- The certificate issued by the secretary of the company
- The delivery of the certificate to the pledgee
- Capacity and authority of the parties
- What are the powers of the Pledgee under Cyprus Law?
- Case studies-practical exercises
This course is suitable for:
- Trainee lawyers
- Corporate administrators
- other professionals