TEST OF LEGAL ENGLISH SKILLS TRAINING (TOLES) – FOUNDATION
*HRDA SUBSIDIZED COURSE
COURSE NAME: TEST OF LEGAL ENGLISH SKILLS TRAINING (TOLES) – FOUNDATION
DURATION: 20 HOURS
COURSE PROGRAMME: for more information email
NEED FOR TRAINING
Organizations in the Republic of Cyprus that work as law firms or that work closely with law firms or maintain a legal department wish to train their employees on legal terminology in English. Due to globalization and the international nature of legal work, training in legal terminology and expressions is important. After interviewing the administration offices of various organizations, it was decided that such training is very important and useful for their employees who do not know English as their mother tongue. Legal English is a specialized language, ie it has specialized expressions, specialized syntax and structure. Proper use of English legal language is important for the proper drafting of contracts, letters, emails (legal content) and many other legal documents. This specialization of English legal language also creates the need for training in this field. TOLES stands for "Test of Legal English Skills". The TOLES program consists of a legal education course at England supported by three exam levels. Exam levels are progressive steps to achieve the standard of legal language required by employers, such as international ones commercial law firms, internal legal groups in private companies, translators high quality and universities. The European Legal Training Center has been certified as an approved training center by the organization TOLES in England to provide courses and to handle the evaluation of trainees.
Language of Banking
Language of Contracts
Language pf Tort
Language of Employment Law
Language of Company Law
1. To formulate and distinguish the English legal language regarding the legal profession
2. Formulate and distinguish the English legal language related to the field of financial institutions
3. To formulate and distinguish the English legal language related to the drafting of contracts
4. To formulate and distinguish the English legal language related to the field of labor law
5. To formulate and distinguish the English legal language related to civil law
6. To formulate and distinguish the English legal language related to business law.
7. To formulate and distinguish the English legal language related to corporate law
8. To develop their skills in writing letters and other communication methods of English legal content.
9. To develop their oral speech skills related to English Legal Language
10. To develop their general skills in the written language of the English legal language.
11. To develop their grammar skills in English legal language
12. Demonstrate knowledge of section terminology / thematic terminology.
13. Collaborate effectively with international companies in English legal language.
14. Participate in discussions and various projects in the English legal language
WHO IS THE PROGRAMME FOR:
The program is aimed at legal professionals (legal advisers), licensed lawyers, corporate professionals / administrators and generally to people working in the legal, financial or other department and / or processing legal documents and wishing to improve their English language skills for purposes training.
Modern distance learning via Zoom. This method enables the instructor to continuously assess the receptivity of the trainees and to be constantly updated accordingly. During the training, appropriate techniques will be developed and assist the subject of training. The lecture and the regular discussion challenge are the main pillar of the training techniques in this program. In addition, small screenings and demonstrations by the instructor in appropriate places will awaken and keep the trainees in learning vigilance.
1. Lecture / presentation
2. Role playing,
4. Team work,
(A) The Lawyer’s English Language Coursebook ISBN: 978-0-9540714-6-2 Author: Catherine Mason Publisher: Global Legal English Description: A specialized coursebook in preparation for TOLES Foundation and TOLES Higher. Contains Audio CD and answer key.
(Β) Practice Papers for TOLES Foundation and Higher: Practice Book One ISBN: 978-0-9540714-5-5 Author: Global Legal English Publisher: Global Legal English Description: A book of 5 Foundation papers and 3 Higher papers for the TOLES exams. This book has a complete answer key, contains audio CDs and listening scripts for each Higher Exam. It also has an explanation of your exam score. 159 pages.
A Training Certificate will be awarded to those participants who attended the seminar (according to the HRDA guide and when he has completed the written exam with a success of 50% or more. The Training Certificate, at the bottom, should state: The program was approved by the Human Resources Development Authority. ”An additional TOLES certificate will be issued confirming the trainee's success in the written examination.
600 euros + VAT - 240 euros subsidy from the HRDA. The student contribution can be paid in installments.