Following the trends in the corporate sector in Cyprus, there is a need to train lawyers and legal advisers or other professionals working in the service sector, who have limited knowledge and skills in corporate law in Cyprus and the basic aspects of corporate law both legally and practically. Employers (law firms / companies and corporate services companies) want the practical training of new employees in this area of law and consider that they will benefit from vocational training and the development of staff skills, as they will possess useful practical skills and knowledge regarding the establishment and maintenance of companies in Cyprus and the drafting of legal documents.
Shareholders & General Meetings
Board of Directors
Memorandum and Articles of Association
AML & Due Diligence
1. List the types of companies of the Republic of Cyprus.
2. To separate private from the public companies.
3. Describe the main features of the private company limited by shares.
4. Describe the main features of the public lcompany limited by shares
5. To separate the founding document from the articles of association.
6. To name and distinguish between the company's organs.
7. Describe the powers of the General Meeting.
8. Describe the powers of the Board of Directors.
9. To prepare documents for the establishment of companies in Cyprus.
10. To name and fill in the forms of the Registrar of Companies.
11. Describe how the company name is changed.
12. Describe company changes.
13. Describe how the company's regulations are changed.
14. To separate ordinary, extraordinary and special resolutions.
15. Describe the procedure for transfer of shares.
16. Describe the basic provisions of Table A of Chapter 113.
17. Describe the procedures for changing an officer.
18. To describe and draft resolutions for share capital increase and allotment of shares.
19. To describe and draft resolutions for reduction of share capital.
20. Describe capital changes.
21. Describe the duties of directors as they arise from legislation and common law.
22. Distinguish between interim and final dividends.
23. Describe the procedures for the protection of the minority.
24. Describe the procedures for the dissolution of the company.
25. To prepare documents for the establishment of companies.
26. To draw up contracts for the purchase and sale of shares.
27. To draw up transfer documents.
28. To draft and amend Memorandums and Articles of Association.
29. To draw up minutes of the general meeting.
30. To draw up minutes of the board of directors.
31. Prepare power of attorney documents.
32. To develop issues of power of attorney.
33. To prepare due diligence reports.
34. To draw up and formulate various provisions of statutory documents.
35. To formulate clauses of shareholders' agreements.
36. Demonstrate knowledge of company law issues.
37. To fill in forms of the company registrar.
1. To support their position with reference to the Cypriot legislation, jurisprudence and the Common Law.
2. Compare court precedents relating to company law.
WHO IS THE PROGRAMME FOR:
2. Corporate administrators
3. Other professionals in the field of corporate services in Cyprus.
4. Compliance Officers
5. Compliance assistants
Training methods Modern distance learning via Zoom. This method enables the instructor to continuously assess the receptivity of the trainees and to be constantly updated accordingly. During the training, appropriate techniques will be developed and assist the subject of training. The lecture and the regular discussion challenge are the main pillar of the training techniques in this program. In addition, small screenings and demonstrations by the instructor in appropriate places will awaken and keep the trainees in learning vigilance.
1. Lecture / presentation
2. Role play,
4. Team work,
A Training Certificate will be awarded to those participants who will successfully complete the seminars (according to the HRDA guide and when he / she has completed the online quiz. The Training Certificate, at the bottom, will state: "The program was approved by the Human Resources Development Authority".
980 euro + VAT with a subsidy from the HRDA 680 euro. Option to pay the employer's contribution in installments.